BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 5, 2010

?????




" Read any good books lately?" I must have seen that line in at least three different movies...wait...don't quote me on that...and... as a matter of fact don't ask what movies cause I sure as hell can't remember...the point is I've heard it..and the great part is NO ONE ever asks that...ever...and if they do...you politely answer them then walk away thinking..omg...that was strange...I've always seen that happen in a movie... but not in real life...AHH HAA see...but now I'm going to ask that...have you? Because if you are a new mom or someone wanting to be a new mom...you totally have to read...Jenny McCarthy's Baby Laughs...it's the sequel to Belly Laughs which I will also recommend. Anyway...there is a chapter called " WWW.ismybabydevelopingproperly.com" In this chapter she goes on about how she would constantly check up on what milestone he is at..or should be at...etc..and in her own funny sarcastic way helps us new mom relax when it comes to that stuff...and frankly I've had to read that chapter a few times..to keep my mind at ease....
My little love...literally just turned nine months ..he's getting so big so fast....but...I can't help but get nervous about what he's not yet doing...ok ...let me rephrase that...not nervous...but aware of...like for example...in my second post I wrote about looking at other babies and comparing...and I'm starting to do that again..I know it's not healthy..and there is certainly nothing wrong with my son...I just can't help but think about it once in awhile...ok...he's hasn't grasped the sippy cup idea yet...he's getting there...but not mastered...it...he's not crawling...well forward that is...doing an awesome job at the whole backwards jig...and yes..I know.."They start off backwards..that means he'll be doing it in no time" yeah I know that..I've read that...I've even seen that..but it doesn't change that fact that he's not...he's not eating puffs in fact he freaks when we put one near his mouth.. ...gags on pieces of soft carrots....and the thing is...and this should be self explanatory ...I don't blame him...I blame myself...am I doing something wrong? ...But then I gather myself back together and realize that he is perfectly normal and every baby has his or her own time-line..and frankly there is a reason Jenny McCartney wrote that chapter....yeah hello...nuts like me...in the end...I realize how wonderful he is...how everything he does still to this day amazes me...and I think about how something this special came from us...and when he says mama for the first time..it will be a magical moment...no matter WHEN he says it...

2 comments:

GoalDrvn said...

He might not be crawling like other kids his age, but we are very lucky since he never gives us a problem when we are out of the house with friends or family, he just hangs out like he's one of the adults. You would never know Evan was teething when he has 4 teeth and other kids cry the blues and don't even have 1 yet. He gives us 7-8 sometimes 9 hours of good sleep at night plus he was extremely quick to learn to sleep without being swaddled. Our son is doing well. It's hard not to compare but it's good to see what your kid is doing that others are not and there's ALWAYS something! What would you rather want, Evan to be the first to crawl or have your sleep at night so you can be energized with him all day? He's almost there! in no time we will be running after him.

Keep up the writing Hun, it's cute.

Love,
Dan

Penny said...

Thanks hun!!I love you!